« Back to All Help Topics
Questions to Ask an Attorney During the Hiring Process:
» Aviation & Maritime Interview Questions
» Bankruptcy Interview Questions
» Car Accident Interview Questions
» Divorce Interview Questions
» Drug Litigation Interview Questions
» DUI/DWI Interview Questions
» Elder Law Interview Questions
» Employment Law Interview Questions
» Estate Planning Interview Questions
» Immigration Interview Questions
» Insurance Interview Questions
» Medical Malpractice Interview Questions
» Nursing Home Abuse Interview Questions
» Personal Injury Interview Questions
Aviation & Maritime Interview Questions:
- Do you have experience in aviation/maritime law?
- How long have you done it and how many cases have you handled?
- Are you a specialist?
- Are you certified as a specialist?
- Have you published anything in this specialty or taught or lectured in it?
- Do you have experience with cases similar to mine?
- How many?
- How many in the last two years?
- What law (federal or state) would apply in my case?
- Do you have experience with cases involving this law?
- If relevant, do you have experience working with Jones Act injuries?
- Have you ever represented a shipping company , airline, or aviation manufacturer, and if so, what percentage of your practice involves that work?
- What percentage of your practice involves representing people injured in aviation/maritime accidents?
- What percentage of your aviation/maritime cases settle and what percentage go to trial?
- What percentage of trials in these cases have you won?
- What was your highest verdict?
- Have you handled any landmark cases in the aviation/maritime field?
- Who should we name as defendants in this case?
- What legal theory should we use in this case?
- How should evidence of the accident be preserved?