« Back to All Help Topics
Questions to Ask an Attorney During the Hiring Process:
» Aviation & Maritime Interview Questions
» Bankruptcy Interview Questions
» Car Accident Interview Questions
» Divorce Interview Questions
» Drug Litigation Interview Questions
» DUI/DWI Interview Questions
» Elder Law Interview Questions
» Employment Law Interview Questions
» Estate Planning Interview Questions
» Immigration Interview Questions
» Insurance Interview Questions
» Medical Malpractice Interview Questions
» Nursing Home Abuse Interview Questions
» Personal Injury Interview Questions
Divorce Interview Questions:
- Do you have experience with divorce cases?
- How long have you done these cases and how many have you handled?
- Are you a specialist?
- Are you certified as a specialist?
- Have you published anything in this specialty or taught or lectured in it?
- How many of the cases you have handled involved issues found in my case such as custody, support, business valuations, or large financial settlements?
- Are there any issues in my case that you havenít handled before?
- How many of the cases you have handled have gone to trial?
- What percentage of trials in these cases have you won?
- What was your best outcome?
- Can I get support money during the period of separation, or must I pay support money during the period of separation?
- What types and amounts of support payments are likely to be required after the divorce is final?
- What kind of property division is likely when the divorce is final?
- How long should the divorce process take?
- Do I have a choice of courts?
- Does the court make a difference?
- What do you know about the judge who will decide my case if it goes to trial?
- What other options should I consider besides litigation (such as collaborative divorce, joint custody, or mediation) and what are the advantages or disadvantages of each?
- Do you have any personal feelings about the positions you would have to take if you represented me? Is there anything about my personal family situation that causes you discomfort to the point where you think your ability to represent my interests might be hindered?