« Back to All Help Topics
Questions to Ask an Attorney During the Hiring Process:
» Aviation & Maritime Interview Questions
» Bankruptcy Interview Questions
» Car Accident Interview Questions
» Divorce Interview Questions
» Drug Litigation Interview Questions
» DUI/DWI Interview Questions
» Elder Law Interview Questions
» Employment Law Interview Questions
» Estate Planning Interview Questions
» Immigration Interview Questions
» Insurance Interview Questions
» Medical Malpractice Interview Questions
» Nursing Home Abuse Interview Questions
» Personal Injury Interview Questions
Immigration Interview Questions:
- Do you have experience with immigration law cases?
- How long have you done these cases and how many have you handled?
- Are you a specialist?
- Are you certified as a specialist?
- Have you published anything in this specialty or taught or lectured in it?
- Are you a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association or board certified?
- What percentage of your cases are immigration law cases?
- Do you specialize in visas for any particular industry?
- Do you have experience with cases similar to mine?
- How many?
- How many in the last two years?
- Are there any issues in my case you havenít dealt with before?
- What is the attorney/paralegal ratio your firm uses in immigration law cases?
- What is your current caseload?
- Are attorneys or translators available who speak my language?
- Are you willing to help with part of my case if I canít afford your fees for handling the whole case?
- Who will choose the attorney and pay the legal fees for an employment-based petition?