Ask a North Carolina Business Lawyer

No obligation, answers to your legal questions.
Are you an attorney? Sign up to get a free listing and answer questions. More Legal Topics

New Business Legal Questions - North Carolina

What type of legal action do I need to take with trademarking a clothing line?

To trademark any product, 1) The trademark must meet the criteria or standards for being trademarked which (to oversimplify) means that the proposed mark (your logo, brandname, symbol, etc.) is not b

SJZ, Member, New York Bar answered 1 month ago

If I had a tile business which I closed 4 years ago, what is my liability now for a job that I did?

Well, the first issue is "are you or were you licensed by the State in which you performed the services"? If so, the State licensing board may require certain time frames and warranties. In any event,

Shawn Jackson answered 1 month ago

If an independent repairman picked up my tractor a month ago and still has my tractor but won't return my calls, what coarse of action should I take?

You could try contacting the police and reporting this as a potential theft--they may contact him and get him to return it. If they cannot or will not help you, you could sue him in court for the retu

SJZ, Member, New York Bar answered 1 month ago

If I received a deposit for a vehicle, is it refundable?

if the agreement stated the buyer was to come the next day then and failed to do such and the monies received was called a retainer, then I think there is a strong argument the monies do not have to b

Jon Welborn answered 4 months ago

When suing a business in small claims court, can interrogatories and production of documents be compelled in discovery?

In small claims court formal written discovery is not allowed before trial under the statutes of all states in this country. To get the document production desired before trial, you need to have a sub

E.M., Member, California Bar answered 6 months ago


Most Viewed Business Legal Questions & Answers

Can I get my money back for misrepresentation?

Last answered about 4 years ago | 2 Answers | 1242 Views

Husband wants me to leave the house he owns in Atlantic County, NC. Must I go?

Last answered about 4 years ago | 1 Answer | 1198 Views

What to do about fraud comitted by a property manager?

Last answered about 4 years ago | 2 Answers | 1187 Views

What should I do if a lender refuses to send title to a vehicle that I have paid off?

Last answered about 4 years ago | 1 Answer | 1088 Views

Top Ranking Attorneys

  • Kevin Bessant 741 Answers | Points 37030 Platinum Contributor
  • Anne Brady 719 Answers | Points 35930 Platinum Contributor
  • Hong Shen 568 Answers | Points 28400 Platinum Contributor
  • Catherine Blackburn 566 Answers | Points 27770 Platinum Contributor
  • Victor Waid 522 Answers | Points 26060 Platinum Contributor
  • Tricia Dwyer 480 Answers | Points 22150 Gold Contributor