Ask a North Carolina Criminal Lawyer

No obligation, answers to your legal questions.
Are you an attorney? Sign up to get a free listing and answer questions. More Legal Topics

New Criminal Legal Questions - North Carolina

What should I do if I have a order for my arrest for probation violation?

You should retain counsel  The case and the violation would have to be reviewed to determine the best way to proceed.  In some instances, a warrant may be stayed pending a hearing with assis

Maury Beaulier answered 10 months ago

Does any criminal liability attach if I want to adopt a cat from the shelter and lied about my address on the form?

Do you mean for a falsifying documents charge?  Generally speaking, such charges are brought and prosecuted in very different circumstances than yours, although I guess it would be possible for t

M.T.G., Member, New York Bar answered 10 months ago

What to do about my embezzling funds from my employer?

Even if you pay her back, she could *still* report you to the police, since having paid the victim of a crime back for the theft does not make the crime "unhappen"--it still occured and you still brok

SJZ, Member, New York Bar answered 10 months ago

Is there a statute of limitations for misdemeanors?

In your state the time period for the district attorney's office to file a criminal action for a misdemeanor is four (4) years after it happens. From what you have written about the time period to bri

E.M., Member, California Bar answered 10 months ago

If a friend was recently sexually assaulted on the same college campus that I attend, am I legally allowed to keep a taser with me?

Good thing you asked.  A taser is a stun gun (Taser is the brand name). In North Carolina, it is legal to buy a stun gun, but you may possess and use it only on your own premises (in yo

M.T.G., Member, New York Bar answered 11 months ago


Most Viewed Criminal Legal Questions & Answers

Top Ranking Attorneys

  • Anne Brady 922 Answers | Points 46080 Platinum Contributor
  • Kevin Bessant 741 Answers | Points 37030 Platinum Contributor
  • Hong Shen 568 Answers | Points 28400 Platinum Contributor
  • Catherine Blackburn 566 Answers | Points 27770 Platinum Contributor
  • Victor Waid 522 Answers | Points 26060 Platinum Contributor
  • Tricia Dwyer 480 Answers | Points 22150 Gold Contributor