Ask a North Carolina Criminal Lawyer

No obligation, answers to your legal questions.
Are you an attorney? Sign up to get a free listing and answer questions. More Legal Topics

New Criminal Legal Questions - North Carolina

If you are served with a citation for drug paraphernalia and you don't have a previous record, what will your punishment likely be?

Since you are a minor and assuming you are convicted of the crime that you have written about, most likely you will be fined, placed on probation and attend drug counseling as a penalty. I suggest tha

E.M., Member, California Bar answered 11 months ago

What does it take to have a solicitation of a minor charge removed from your record, including the sex offender information?

What you need to do is to consult an attorney in the area regarding the possibility of  opening up the conviction is you believe he did not effective counsel to represent him in his defense. &nbs

M.T.G., Member, New York Bar answered 11 months ago

What to do if I got a ticket for a concealed handgun?

Concealed carry laws are pretty extensive in North Carolina. You do need (unless you meet exemptions like being a police officer or government agent of some sort) a concealed carry permit to carry a h

MD, Member, California Bar answered 11 months ago

What to do if I have been given a citation for procuring sexual intercourse?

You should obtain counsel to see if you qualify for an alternative conviction program wherein if you meet and complete certain conditions like counseling, community service and/or fines, your charges

MD, Member, California Bar answered 1 year ago

What to do if I have 40 hours of community service still to complete and my court date is coming up?

It is not possible to predict whether or not the judge will grant you an extension of time to complete the community service. All you can do is explain to the judge why you were unable to complete th

S.L,. Member, California Bar answered 1 year ago


Most Viewed Criminal Legal Questions & Answers

What to expect if falsely accused of giving someone pills?

Last answered about 4 years ago | 1 Answer | 952 Views

Is being threatened a defense to committing a crime?

Last answered about 5 years ago | 2 Answers | 914 Views

What can i do if my son has been assaulted in school?

Last answered about 5 years ago | 2 Answers | 879 Views

Best way to handle a self-defense case regarding a mentally ill person?

Last answered about 3 years ago | 1 Answer | 856 Views

Top Ranking Attorneys

  • Anne Brady 829 Answers | Points 41430 Platinum Contributor
  • Kevin Bessant 741 Answers | Points 37030 Platinum Contributor
  • Hong Shen 568 Answers | Points 28400 Platinum Contributor
  • Catherine Blackburn 566 Answers | Points 27770 Platinum Contributor
  • Victor Waid 522 Answers | Points 26060 Platinum Contributor
  • Tricia Dwyer 480 Answers | Points 22150 Gold Contributor