Is it possible to switch occupancy of apartments if at the same complex?

Question Details:My mother is separating from my father and wants to get on my lease which is in the same apartment complex. She makes no income.

Asked 2 years ago under Landlord / Tenant | 286 Views | More Legal Topics

Are you an attorney? Sign up to answer this question.
QA Test Account | FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney Answered 2 years ago

Good question. Assuming that your landlord is willing to allow your mother to sign on as an occupant or tenant of your unit and to release her in writing from any and all contractual obligations that she would have as to the unit she shares with your father. I suggest that you may want to consult further with a family law attorney about the matter.

Attorney Quick Finder

Top Ranking Attorneys

  • Anne Brady 923 Answers | Points 46130 Platinum Contributor
  • Kevin Bessant 741 Answers | Points 37030 Platinum Contributor
  • Hong Shen 568 Answers | Points 28400 Platinum Contributor
  • Catherine Blackburn 566 Answers | Points 27770 Platinum Contributor
  • Victor Waid 522 Answers | Points 26060 Platinum Contributor
  • Tricia Dwyer 480 Answers | Points 22150 Gold Contributor