What can I do regarding improper treatment for an ankle fracture?

Question Details: About 4 years ago, I missed the last 3 steps of a staircase that was not properly lit and fractured my ankle. It was what they referred to as an avulsion fracture as it involved ligaments being pulled enough to cause a crack in the bone. I was referred to an orthopedic doctor who placed me in a walking boot but who never X-rayed the ankle in his office. The day I was set to stop wearing the boot, he simply came in, glanced at it and left. I continued walking on it despite pain and have consulted several doctors since then. I have had at least 2 X-rays done on the ankle and arthritis has developed. However, no one ever seemed concerned when I mentioned that I had an additional bone sticking out from the top of my foot. I've recently been seeing a chiropractor who has been helping me manage my pain by realigning the bone. I explained to her my experiences and she was concerned as she could tell by just looking at the foot that something was wrong. Do I have a medical malpractice case? And, if I do, who should I file against?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.