Can I be charged with theft?

Question Details: I was the assistant manager for a company and in charge of the paperwork and deposit of the days I worked on weekends. I was recently terminated due to deposit amounts of several deposits ranging from approximately 3 months of not matching what the computer deposit input was. The deposit I wrote out was for $345.27 and the computer would reflect an amount of $365.27. When questioned about it, I stated my amount was the actual cash in front of me and the computer amount was what the paperwork calculations said should be the deposit. I was in so many words accused of taking the cash and terminated. The police were called and when asked about being provided with copies of what they were referring to their evidence I was denied. What should I do? No, I didn't steal any money. I'm not sure of the amount they are accusing me of, I believe it's over $500.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.