Can my husband get a copy of his work file after being terminated from a job?

Question Details: My husband was terminated from his job as a lead man for something that one of his employees did that he had no clue the employee was doing. We feel that he was wrongfully terminated because the company had just gave him a pay raise, he has never been giving a warning or been written up for anything the whole 2 years the company has been open. So we was wondering if he can go to the company and get a copy of his work file to take to an attorney to see if we are able to do anything about this?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.