Can my health insurance company be liable for referring me to a medical equipment company that failed to timely provide medical equipment needed for my medical injuries?

Question Details: I am disable with Avascular Necorsis in both hips; I also have a tumor in my spine and lower back injuries. I fell and could not walk. I went to the emergency room and they informed me that I need arm crutches. I fell 4 more times, injuring my hips and back and now I need hip surgery to replace both hips. So I called my health insurer but was told that I needed to get a prescription from my doctor. I got the prescription the same day and she faxed the prescription to a company called 20 miles away from my home. I called them and was told they got the prescription and my arm crutches will be sent to me in about 7 days, via UPS. I told them please send them right away. 7 to 8 weeks later I got the wrong crutches so I called my health insurance company and they and I called the medical supply company to inform them about the mix-up. Then, 7 days after that conversation, my crutches came to my home. What I need to know is my health insurer or the medical supply company liable for my injuries? I want to file a lawsuit, ASP.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.