Do I have a case for malpractice if my husband's doctor kept him on a medication that he should have been taken off of?

Question Details: My husband was treated for kidney cancer with Sutent. Approximately 6 1/2 months into treatment, he was taken to the ER but died within 24 hours. Sutent attacked and shut down liver. Lab tests prior to death showed liver enzymes steadily increasing but no word from doctor to stop Sutent. I wrote letter to the doctor and he called me. Asked me if I could forgive him but he would not answer questions asked in my letter. He wanted me to come in and talk with him face-to-face. I wasn't ready to do that. I had been told Sutent should have been stopped and liver may have had chance to heal. Also, month before death doctor told us he wanted to try new medication at end of Sutent cycle. At the ER, the doctor was going to helicopter my husband to hospital about 200 miles away. I was told to go home to pack and head out. I live 200 miles away from where they were taking him in another state. However, my husband died while I was home so I was not able to be with him. I have all medical and lab reports. Any chance of a claim against doctor and/or hospital.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.