Do I need an attorney to file a quitclaim deed?

Question Details: My husband was awarded the property in our divorce with the expectancy to pay the mortgage and file to have the property financed in his name. The property is in my name. If he cannot get it in his name, he is supposed to sell it. He says that he has found a buyer but that the house needs to be "quitclaim" deeded in his name in order for him to receive the proceeds instead of him trusting me to give him the money. The proceeds are his to keep as it was specified in the divorce decree that he is to received any profit from the house in lieu of my 401K.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.