How can I get my ex-employer to pay my me my last 2 paychecks?

Question Details: I worked for my ex employer for almost 3 years. On September 8, 2017 I came in to work after my day off and he said he needed to speak to me in the office. Once in there he proceeded to accuse me of stealing money from the store and wanted me to tell him if I had or not. I tried to leave and he told me he wasn't going to let me leave until a admitted to stealing and gave him all cash I had on me and signed over my car to him and he was keeping my last 2 checks as payment. If I didn't, he was going to have me arrested and make sure it was for a felony and so on. Long story short I refused my husband had to come get me so he would let me leave. He sent me a txt the next day still threatening to go to police. A couple weeks later the cops arrested both my husband and I because he said I stole over $2,000 or more from him and that my husband assaulted him so I could leave and threatened him with a gun. Anyways, we both had to bail out my bail was $1,100 and my husband we had to pay $150. I've been without a job since that day because of the stress and me being scared that people wouldn't hire me because of his false accusations and knowing I couldnt let them call him about my performance because he told me he would make sure no one will hire me after what he planned on telling them. Anyway, the courts dropped everything with both mine and husband's case because of lack of evidence and they found out he lied. Can we sue him for doing this? Can I get him to pay my last 2 checks that I definitely deserve? Also, I live 2 minutes from the business and yet have not received my W-2 for taxes yet and I'm sure he won't send them either.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.