How can I file a counter claim for property?

Question Details: My husband died 5 years ago intestate. We were divorced. Property was divided by his brothers who claimed they were next of kin. Real property was quick claim deeded to my son. Husband did not legally adopt this individual. My son knew the deed was given to him in order to liquidate the property and share proceeds with me. The son decided to keep the property and is now suffering financial difficulties. The address is now listed as inactive. And my son no longer speaks to me or my husband's brothers. I understand when he told the brothers-in-law what his plans were last year. The brothers may have tried to have the deed returned to them. I receive my husband's social security as a widow's benefit. I have an award letter from the Social Security Administration and submit end of year 1099-G with taxes. The brothers-in-law recognize me as the deceased's widow. My son and his wife are divorcing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.