How can I get a reduction in the amount f alimony that I have to pay?

Question Details: I am in my job and things are not going as planned. I am resigning and want to know if I can go back to court to get the alimony that I pay reduced? It says in my divorce papers that I have to pay whether or not I have a job. I am almost 62 and that would mean my retirement money will be less as years go on . I will look for another job or retire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.