If I overstayed my visa and am now going to marry an US citizen, what should we do?

Question Details: I had a 6 months tourist visa, and I overstayed 2.5 years on top of those 6 months. Almost a year ago, I came back to my country of residence Costa Rica, and now my boyfriend US citizen and I want to get marry but my understatement is that I can't enter to US for 10 years. What should we do, can I submit a waiver? We are afraid I will not be able to go back in several years.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.