How can I get my brother to buy me out of the house that we inherited from our father?

Question Details: My father passed away a year ago. He lived in PR with a house that was paid off. The house is left to the 4 of us, my brother and 3 of us girls. He is a doctor and we 3 have moderate jobs and are just making ends meet. My brother decided to upgrade the house to make it a summer home but prior, I asked him to buy me out. He said that he couldn't right now yet he wants to renovate the house. I pointed out that the money he was going to spend could be used to buy me out. So far he has spent about $80,000 fixing the house and still refuses to buy me out. He said that when he has the time or money he will. Meanwhile, I have no means to travel to visit PR often. Also, he said that when he does buy my share, he will based it on the price prior to the renovations. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.