If I become my friend's durable POA, can I fire her lawyer who is also administrator of her grandmother's estate?

Question Details: My friend is now being told she will have to get a doctor to verify that she is competent in order to get what's left of her grandmother's estate, about 40k. This attorney has already charged her at least 12k in fees just to handle the sale of her grandmother's house in another state and sold the house for less than half of its value.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.