How can I get the diminished value of my car?

Question Details: My vehicle met with an accident on due to the negligence driving of defendant. Although my car has been repaired by insurance company, it has sustained a post-repair residual reduction in resale value diminished value as direct result of the damage sustained by my vehicle. I communicated to the defendant's insurance company attempting to recover what he owes for this diminished value. The insurance company has refused to pay saying the car has been repaired fully and hasn't lost any value. If lost value then asking for the proof of pre-accident appraisal report of the car, which I don't have and not possible to get. However, I have submitted the post accident appraisal report, NADA report, and diminshed value report stating loss of value but still insurance company denied and asked to prove by showing care value pre-accident appraisal report along with post accident appraisal report. Hence I am looking to file small claims in the court. Do I have the right to recover the money for the diminished carvalue from accident? What are the chance of getting on my favor?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.