Should we get a lawyer regarding a malpractice incident?

Question Details: My wife had a pacemaker put in at an outpatient center. During procedure doctor stated they gave her something extra bc she got anxious. While being discharged the wife was having extreme pain and difficulty breathing. We were told get prescribed meds and she should be good. Long story short. Next day went back to the doctor and found they punctured her lung during the procedure. A chest tube was put in and we stayed 5 days in the hospital. She was in pain the entire time. Now bills are coming in. What can/should we do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.