What to do to get released form a timeshare?

Question Details: We owned a timeshare property. Last year my wife lost her job and I told my timeshare company that we no longer can pay the mortgage; we stopped paying them an year ago. However, they still call me under the pretense that they are collecting a debt. I thought if I don't pay the mortgage they keep the property. Do I need to get a lawyer to stop them from calling me?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.