What are my options for my incarcerated brother's inheritance?

Question Details: My mother passed away last year. I am the executor of her estate and have gone through probate. I sold her house and paid the bills. The rest gets split evenly between my 2 brothers and I as it was written in her Will. My oldest brother is in jail in another state for assault and will be in there for what seems like at least a few years. What can I do with his share? I honestly don't think he should get a dime for all the headaches and problems he has caused my mother in the past long stories but he cost her a lotof money and many problems throughout the years. Of course I can't just do whatever I want with it but I'm not sure what I can and should do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.