What exactly does renters insurance cover?

Question Details: The insurance company keeps changing our coverage status each time we have contacted them for help. We were told they will only cover personal injury if it is dangerous to our health or lives. You can't get any more dangerous more life threatening than a home that's insulated in fiberglass/asbestos insulation with asbestos popcorn ceilings and entirely saturated in black mold. We first called the 1-800 to file a claim. They initiated our claim giving us some hope by stating the claims adjuster would be contacting us to let us know if we were covered or not. The adjuster confirmed that we were covered. They told us that our local insurance agent would be contacting us with further help. Meanwhile, we needed to get out of the house and to make sure that we kept all receipts for hotels, etc. that we stayed in. Then the local agent contacted us and denied us any help because we weren't covered. Then they asked me if we had an attorney. We have had an awful toxic chemical coming out of our air vents that is burning our eyes, nose, throat and chest. Our dogs are very sick. I have to vacuum 3-4x's daily. Our furniture and carpeting get covered in a silver colored matter with little shard objects. We have to go outside to breathe. There is so much more detail to give. I even have pictures and specimens to prove severe code violations. We're in our 60's and 70's and are good paying tenants. We're in and out of hospital but nothing's being done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.