How can I ensure that my child goes to someone who is not blood related upon my death?

Question Details: Can I put in a Will, my wishes in regards to my child/children if anything unexpected happens before they are of legal age to act for themselves? There are already custody assignments in play regarding the one in particular I'm worried about. His father has limited rights unless otherwise agreed upon by both he and I. I do not want my child to be raised by my family, his father's family or anybody related to either his father or myself if anything happens to me. How can I do this legally?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.