Can I sue a prosecutor and the police for a botched investigation that put me in jail for 8 months without indictment?

Question Details:

I was arrested for 6 counts of sexual assault by parent or guardian and sat in jail for 8 1/2 months without indictment before the charges were finally dismissed. The whole time the prosecutors and police knew that the exam of my daughter which was done 11 days after I was arrested clearly showed that she was a virgin with an intact hymen. They had repeatedly told the court that my daughter would not let the exam be completed and the judge had even ordered a sedated exam but we found out at a CPA hearing 5 months later that it had been done. It has ruined my career as a PA. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.