Can my ex-husband's attorney subpoena the man that I live with for his bank statements and receipts to stop alimony payments?

Question Details: I have been living with a man for 3 years. Can my ex-husband subpoena him for his disposition? My friend got a subpoena from my ex's attorney for all his bank statements and receipts for everything in the past 3 years. There are only signatures from the attorneys with no seal. Is this legal? Can he be held in contempt of court if he don't appear or send documents?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.