Can my wife sue for more than the policy limit of the other person's insurance and will they pay?

Question Details:

My wife was hit by a tire that came off a car on the other side of the highway more than a year ago. The car has been repaired and she has more than $130,000 in medical cost due to back surgery. The driver admitted he worked on the tire himself. Do we need a personal injury attorney to help us with this? In Plymouth County, MA.

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.