What can I do if a former tenant is suing for an alleged slip and fall on my property? (West Palm Beach, FL)

Question Details:

I had a tenant from hell. A tenant fell in my house; he said water was leaking out of the sink into the hall way. I had no prior knowledge until I went to collect rent and I got a by the way my boyfriend (who was on the lease) broke is arm on water from the leaking sink. They had 2 dogs, a child, a cat and a nasty house. How do they prove I am negligent? My house is destroyed; they left animal crap on the floor, cat litter and black, purple, pink, and dark blue walls. By the way, their parents paid the rent, but when parents said no more, they now have a injury due to a leak.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.