What do I have to file in order to get the money that was left to me by my late mother?

Question Details: I am my mother's POA and also the payee for her bank account. She had made a home typed Will and had it notorized. She listed that small belongings go to my siblings, then stated that I receive what's left in the bank account. There are no outstanding bills to pay. Do I have to file or do anything to have the money left?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.