What to do if I'm getting divorced after a 4 year separation but my wife has children by another man and I don't ant to be responsible for child support?

Question Details: I was forced to leave the army at the beginning of the divorce. Now I can't remember if I signed a legal separation. My wife and I want to just break it off clean but she has had kids by another man. She doesn't want me to be charged child support for them because we both agree they aren't mine. I'm not sure what to do. Will getting that army paper help to speed things up?

Joanna Mitchell / Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. Answered 4 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.