What can be done about a failure to appear in court from 3 years ago?

Question Details: I was not in a good way back then - homeless, unemployed and a drinker. I pulled myself out of that mess and got some help. I went into detox and into some other programs. I have been clean and sober since then; I am going on 3 years of sobriety. Now, I want to fix this problem. The ticket was for loitering and I didn't pay the fine or never went to court because I went into the program which took me out of the city. I have a full-time job at a very good company and have been there over 2 years.

Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com Answered 4 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.