What are my rights if I have a large sinkhole in my yard due to a run off of water from my neighbors yard?

Question Details: A geo engineer (PE) came out to verify this and we have a report he prepared substantiating fault and remedy. We gave this to the neighbor with best intentions of working this out. My neighbor refuses to accept the accuracy of the report and claims he hired a civil engineer to make his own survey of the property. Then 3 weeks later no such report has materialized and he keeps saying he's waiting. What should my next step? Our property repairs are estimated under 2 k , however the engineer has advised making no repairs on our property until the neighbor makes the recommended repairs to stop the runoff so the damage ceases.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.