Where can I find an attorney to assist me in applying for OPERS disability benefits?

Question Details:

I have worked in a county agency for 20+ years. I have cancer and have been on sick leave for 9 months. Now additional surgery is necessary and I need to apply for disability but I need assistance regarding eligibility, ability to work part-time, how the wording should be completed on the forms, etc. I have already had an appointmentwith OPERS and have the forms as does my oncologist. I would be glad to pay for a consult with a disability law attorney knowledgeable about OPERS? In Franklin County, OH

Answered 5 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.