What can I do about a condition that was not properly treated?

Question Details: I went to an urgent care with abdominal pain and nausea. I was told that I needed my gallbladder removed immediately because I had gallstones, so they transfered me to the local hospital and the surgery was done the next morning. I still had the same pain after the surgery and went back to the hospital twice only to be told my results were normal and I needed to see a gastroenterologist. I did go to one after I started throwing up blood and the cause of all my pain was a stomach ulcer. Today, I got my medical records and the final radiology report says "subtle gallbladder wall thickening, nonspecific but possibly related to mild inflammatory change. Correlation with LFTs is recommended. No gallstones identified". Do I have a lawsuit?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.