Can I garnish my ex-husband's disability for an unpaid marital equalization?

Question Details: No payment on $25k marital equalization order. Told I needed to get execution and then could possible get assets, but he has everything hidden. Now he is trying to get disability and I want to know if I can garnish that for my money?

Madan Ahluwalia / Ahluwalia Law P. C. Answered 4 years ago This attorney is licensed in California View Attorney Profile
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.