If my wife and I recently split up and the divorce is just starting, what can I do if I feel that our children's safety at risk during the time that they are with their mother?

Question Details: We live in separate households and currently exchange children back and forth. Divorce papers still need to be served. I left my wife due to her use of methamphetamine and her inability to quit. I am quite certain she still uses it in her house. My 2 year old son has been in the ER 3 times for asthma attacks only when around her and their clothes have a cat urine smell on them when dropped off. No cats in her household. What are my options here and what is the best way to handle this situation for my kids sake?

Joanna Mitchell / Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. Answered 4 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.