What is my disabled wife entitled to in our divorce?

Question Details: My wife has decided to seperate and live with her parents. She is also disabled and in a wheel chair but very able having a college degree and having held a full time job . Since living with her parents she has not worked and refuses to pay any bills as they are all in my name. She says she wants legal seperation so she can collect SSI benefits and wants all debt on me. I told her I would fight that but she said she would go after my car if I go after her debt. We live in Washington State, a comm property state. My car was purchased with my dad as a cosigned prior to our marriage, however my dad and I were still making payments on it 3 years into the marriage as we needed loan to buy the car.

Answered 3 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.