If a judgement is vacated, can I get the money back that was withdrawn from my bank account which is still frozen ?

Question Details: My bank account was frozen. I contacted my bank; a debt collection firm (from which I never recieved any notices or summons as I moved) had taken legal action against me. I explained that I wouldl pay with a reasonable payment plan, however, they refused to set anything up and wanted my paystubs; they also wanted to know how much wa in my bank account. I went to court where there was a case against me and filed a "show cause" to vacate the judgement against me. The judge approved a court date which is next week. In my plea and with talking to the firm I never argued not paying, just setting up a plan.

Answered 3 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.