What can I do if I was hit by a person with expired insurance?

Question Details:

I got rear-ended twice by a truck with trailer. The person provided the police insurance that had expired; he was cited. Now my parents got hurt during the accident and the car got hit hard. I contacted the person yesterday and asked him to provide the insurance but he said that he left the insurance card in the truck and the truck was parked at his company. I told him that I would contact him again this morning but he didn't pick up the phone. I left several messages with no return call. What do I need to do next? I don't want to claim on my insurance. Could I contact a lawyer; and what can the lawyer do if the insurance is no good? Should I speak with a personal injury attorney? I'm in Houston, TX.

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.