How do I get a divorce if I'm stationed overseas?

Question Details: I'm in the US army and am currently living in Italy; my wife lives in the US. We have a son and agree on 50/50 custody and we don't own any property together. Since I can't leave my duty station, how much would it cost me for a lawyer to do the paperwork and serve them to my wife?

Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office Of Gary W. Norris Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.