Can my ex-wife be forced to sign QDRO even if it was not in MSA?

Question Details: I was divorced 4 years ago and in the MSA it was agreed that I pay $100,000 lump sum out of my pension. I found out before I retired that I could not take a lump sum. I offered other payment option to her but she is not interested. She filed joinder on my pension so it is held up right now. In the MSA it was not specified to use QDRO but my former employer is under ERISA and will not pay my ex-spouse without QDRO that she refuses to sign because there is no lump sum payout for pension. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.