How to remove a roommate/ex-girlfriend from your home?

Question Details:

I live in my home with a woman and her 2 kids. We were a couple but that has since ended. I want her out of my house. She doesn't have a lease. She was pushing me to hit her the other night so she can have me arrested. She pays gas, electric and cable but not rent. Can I start eviction by sending her a certified letter giving her 30 days notice or I will start eviction?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.