What to do about a doctor who didn't do a proper follow-up to my surgery?

Question Details:

I had a knee replacement 2 years ago. I had constant pain during and after physical therapy, and the ROM never progressed. About 6 weeks later had to have it manipulated and the ROM months later was at 75 degrees. The doctor kept sending me to physical therapy, telling them to work my knee out hard. The doctor moved to another state and so I went to another doctor. He and he took an X-ray and found out the knee wasn't working correctly, so he did a revision. My knee is much better but has damaged muscles and tendons from the first knee. Would I have a case against the first doctor, who told me there was nothing wrong? Should I speak with a malpractice attorney? In Fannin County, TX.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.