What rights do I have if the father of my child suddenly moved out and left us with little income?

Question Details:

My husband left suddenly 5 months ago and moved in with a woman he met on-line. We have an 8 year old daughter together who is with me. I bought my home before this man and I were married. He has not helped us out financially since he moved out and I am working on being 3 months overdo on my mortgage and bills that he had been taking care of; they are no longer being paid. What can I do? Shouldn't he be responsible for something- I work full time but what I get paid cannot bring me current on all the bills I was left with.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.