What to do if I found a judgement on my credit report?

Question Details:

I contacted the rep for the credit card debt and they offered a settlement of the debt and would issue a judgement settlement. This is a debt that I was paying by automatic bank payments that began is 4 years ago but stopped 2 years ago for no reason other than I thought it paid. No one has contacted me since and the holder of this debt has had my address (inquiry shown on my credit report). What are my options? Do I need a GA or FL lawyer (FL case; I am in GA now).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.